Finally, I got my hands on Amazon Kindle last week as it is now available in the UK (although shipped from the US).
It is a great little gadget for those who love reading a lot.
Here are some points you should know about Kindle:
- It's a mobile library equivalent to Apple Ipod in terms of a book reader. Stores over 1500 books and more.
- Thin, light and easy to carry and operate.
- You can save money on books as you would be buying from Amazon US which means you will be paying in dollars (subject to £££ being strong)
- Have your friends and family send documents and ebooks email over to you on your Kindle (small charge by Amazon for this $0.99)
- If you can find pdf books over the internet or if you have an existing collection have them converted to Kindle format (.azw) and email over to you by Amazon for free. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can then transfer these files via an usb cable to your kindle.
- Subscribe to your favourite blog, magazines etc.
I see the Amazon Kindle as a distribution platform for ebooks as is Apple itunes for music and podcast.